Judy returned to present lecture 8 this week, focussing on Encapsulation and Scope. The coverage of each aspect was quite introductory so I am just going to list through the points covered very breifly.
- Public Interface – public method and constructors are the objects/class’s interface
- Encapsulation enables information hiding, a key point of object oriented development and code re-use
- Local Variables – Scope limited to within a method
- Field – attribute of an object, shoudl be private
- Final – cannot be changed
Pearl of the Week:
- Static vs Final – a good explination here
Short post this week, recently got Visual Studio 2010 so will look at trying out some C# in the next couple of weeks assuming I don’t get to addicted to SC2.